Charles has just decided to go back into the market for another role.
He had been on a temporary contract across multiple employers in the last couple of years. He wanted something more stable, so he had to start looking into the market again.
The good news is that Charles is highly skilled and does not foresee any challenges with his job search. He knew he would be able to get an offer with ease.
Charles wasn’t wrong after all. After weeks of applications and interviews, he was swimming in job offers.
Having too many offers is not a problem
I love Charles’ problem. Having multiple job offers is a good problem to have.
Imagine the reverse was the case, and Charles had to run out of contract before finding a role. Or he only had one offer to choose from.
Contrary to your opinion, it’s a good problem when you have more than an offer. I understand that you might have trouble deciding which is the best for you, which might cause you a little bit of anxiety.
In the end, all you really must do is:
Decide what’s right for you
Ultimately you will have to decide which one is right for you. This might mean the one that offers more flexibility or the one with more benefits. You’ve got to decide.
It was an easy decision when I was confronted with multiple offers a few years ago.
What did I do?
- I made a list of things that were important to me.
- I decided early.
Deciding early before getting confused when the offers come knocking is particularly helpful.
Always put yourself first
Whatever you do, you must put yourself first.
After all, if you don’t, who will? Certainly not the employers. Employers look after themselves by ensuring they hire the right person, so why not look after yourself by making sure you have made the right career decision?
Remember, it’s your responsibility to look after yourself and put yourself first.
Getting faced with multiple job offers can be confronting. However, this can be an opportunity to decide what’s right for you. It’s your job to look after yourself. If you don’t, no one will.
Need Career Advice?
Whenever you are ready, here’s how I can help you advance your career:
- Book me for a 45-mins one-on-one chat to discuss your career in data analytics. Talk to me directly and have your questions answered.
- Career Services for Data Analytics: Resume Upgrade, Cover Letter Review, Personal Branding and LinkedIn Profile Optimisation, Interviewing Hacks and Job Search Strategy.
- Get a copy of my new book “Before Graduation Day” It’s the best career guide for students. Get a copy for yourself or someone you care about.
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel
I developed this video using Videoscribe.
Please watch, like, subscribe and share.
It will help other professionals like you find it.
The Tools I Use:
- WordPress hosting to develop my website (highly recommended)
- Notion to organise my workspace
- Video Animation Software for my YouTube channel
- Vellum software to format my books for publishing
- KDP Rocket to make my books stand out and sell on Amazon.
- Grammarly – To help me write better
Please note that these are affiliate links, and I will get a small commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.